60% discount on all products sitewide SALE
We are available 24×7. Any questions?
Securities are always risky and job of a security risk analyst finds its prominence in investment banking, asset management, banking sector. Candidates who have completed bachelors (or) masters degree in economic, finance, mathematics, statistics, business finance,business or any other related discipline are usually considered a good candidate to take up such jobs
Lets take a quick look at the job duties of a securities risk analyst
1) A financial organization runs on assets including securities, direct obligations, indirect obligations etc. Managing an asset is a risk. A securities risk analyst must have good acumen to evaluate the risks associated with an asset
2) They need to be able to determine credit, market risk associated with an investment portfolio. To put it simple take example of a mutual fund which is a portfolio of equities. As a securities risk analyst you should be able to find credit risk, market risk on this
3) With operational risk acumen should be able to determine the risk management and loss estimation practices in a firm
4) Must be involved in quarterly strategy changes made by banks. Need to give an overview of risk involved
5) Make sure the latest regulatory compliance are in place. A simple example would be recent Basel regulations
6) Must have exceptional communication and co-ordination skills both verbally and orally
What is needed to crack this job?
In general good knowledge of risk including credit risk, market risk, risk models to name a few. This comes in form of PRM, FRM and such certifications, college degree, experience with internship in financial firms etc