I’ve been a passionate blogger so long. Starting from google free blogger platform my blogging career has spanned across variety of web hosting companies. I started with fatcow.com for simple $46 per year. Then I migrated to godaddy. As my web business grew I have been receiving lots and lots of Internal 500 error that made me think about ipage. Not knowing that ipage is again a eig group of companies I migrated to ipage for $2 per month deal. Again website was down most of the time
I was frustrated and had no funds to spend on cloud hosting. After lots of analysis and reviews I zeroed down siteground.com. As a growing startup I opted the shared hosting plan GoGeek that holds good for about 100000 monthly visits. Having tested for few months, I moved all my hosting files onto siteground.
Based on my personal experience all I can say is , if I had to recommend a hosting provider that does fit your wallet, that can be 100% relied upon, that you can trust 100% it is none other than siteground hosting. Their shared hosting plan works like charm
Payment Options at siteground:
They accept credit cards
They do not accept Amex, Discover card, Bank ACH
You can try using these cards with paypal and they mentioned there is no additional fee from their end. I checked with them just now
Which plan should I buy?
There are three shared hosting plans to choose from. I’ll offer my advice in plain simple terms
Startup Plan – One website with reasonable web space. All essential features are included. If you own a hobby website that you don’t think will grow bigger anytime sooner in next 36 months go for this plan
Growbig – This supports multiple websites. Also, all essential and premium features are 100% supported. In my opinion this is the best for startup as well as mid-sized companies. If you project more than 25000 visits per month in next 3 years go for it. If you project 25000 visits per month in next one to two years go for GoGeek plan
Gogeek – This is premium plan with essential, premium, geek features and multiple website coverage. Option is to take care of 100000 visitors per month. BEST THING is this is offered as low as $8.95 per month for next 36 months as part of this sale deed. So, this is the best time to go for this best plan. I personally recommend this to my visitors
What tenure should I choose while purchasing the plans?
Have a checklist to determine before choosing plan tenure. Always when it comes to website hosting sale go for maximum days with minimum price deal
However, make a note of the following to determine tenure if you don’t want to choose this one
What is traffic projection next 36 months – 10000 per month, 10000-25000 per month, 25000-100000 per month. Make a note of maximum figure you anticipate. Choose plans accordingly
Startup – 10000 maximum per month in next 3 years
Growbig – More than 10000 but less than 25000 maximum per month in next 3 years
Gogeek – More than 25000 but less than 100000 maximum per month in next 3 years
Any digital media marketing starts with online branding. Online branding starts with a simple website that can be built on top of wordpress with free theme, blog supporting existing website etc. In any of these cases web hosting provider play a major role in supporting your business. When you finalize a hosting provider look for
1) Uptime related reviews
2) Customer support – In my personal experience this is the best technical support I have ever had. For such support I would have easily spent $50 per hour which was offered 100% free for siteground customer. In my personal opinion that makes them class apart
3) Customer Service SLA – Trust me. This is the best hosting company that does keep up their SLA of responding within 24 hours to your open tickets. It can be additional info request, solution. In most of my cases I had solution provided by them
4) Proper communication – This is something I find interesting with them. Pre-notice before software like wordpress updates (as I make use of wordpress I get wordpress alerts), joomla updates etc makes you be prepared
5) Site reliability and speed – Google SEO does consider site speed to list your website in front page. Your hosting provider can help you in these terms. After moving to siteground my alexa rank has shown great improvement, I have been getting lots of searches from google organic search. I had serious issue with SEO owing to site speed with past hosting providers. They recommended to use CDN, whereas with siteground they have inbuilt cache to help you get needed speed
How does choosing proper web hosting impact digital media marketing?
Digital media marketing is simple creating content online, marketing it in social media, youtube etc. In all these cases heart and sole is the solid content needed for business success.
Content is hosted in hosting provider database. Your content is worth your business. So, reliable provider is a must in my opinion
How does siteground feature offering support my business digitally?
Here we are talking about shared hosting plans only. If you are an established business you can think of cloud hosting option. Lets see the features and their support in building your business
1) Free website during domain registration – Any web business starts with domain. When you choose to avail any of these shared web hosting options, you get free domain. Here are some practical questions I had and I can help you on these
Is domain transfer free?
Nope. You pay $14.95 for domain transfer. This is what I paid. This can be different. I negotiated with them to offer free domain transfer instead of free domain. They said it is not at all possible. So, make a note of it. If you want easy maintenance move the domain here. Otherwise choose cheap domain hosting options. I’ll talk more on that in separate post
2) Number of websites supported – The first plan from siteground Startup plan is truly for startup with one website. If you want to register second website think about Growbig, Gogeek plans. Say, you launched now with solid business plan and expect to grow soon, go for Growbig plan. Growbig gogeek both support multiple websites
3) Hosting space – This is an essentially important factor to consider
Startup – 10GB
Growbig – 20GB
Gogeek – 30GB
Again Growbig is a balancing option
4) Visitor volume support – This is the only hosting provider that is 100% transparent about how many web visitors they can support optimally in different plans
Startup – 10000 visitors per month
Growbig – 25000 visitors per month
Gogeek – 100000 visitors per month
Note, this is for all websites in your account. Calculate before choosing one
5) Essential features from siteground – There are ton lots of essential features that does come along each web hosting plan. One feature is extremely interesting – FREE SITE TRANSFER
Let me share my own story. I bought hosting from siteground. I had a website that is rich in theme, images etc. Ideally I should have spent my time and energy of atleast a weeks time to transfer it properly. With this free one-time feature siteground offered to transfer all the website content onto new hosting account with literally ZERO DOWNTIME. I was amazed.
They offer this service on paid basis $30 per site transfer. I paid for my second website transfer without any hesitation
Note: They don’t support sub-domain transfer. So, analyse and notify them properly
There are many other interesting features like free site builder, cpanel, SSD storage, free app installs for wordpress joomla, free cloudflare CDN, free daily backup, free email accounts,SSH, 24×7 support etc
All these features come along with all three shared hosting options – Startup, Growbig, Gogeek
6) Premium features – This is available with Growbig, Growgeek
Supercacher for greater speed that supports SEO – I have exprienced benefit of this personally and highly recommend it
Priority technical support – They are real fast
1 year free wildcard SSL – If you choose to implement SSL this comes handy
30 backup copies available for restore and recovery
7) Geeky features only with Gogeek – This is a premiun plan and lets see what more do we get out of it?
Free PCI compliance
Wordpress & joomla sandbox staging
one-click git repo creation
Fewer accounts on server make this efficient