Certification has become a norm in all the field. Environmental science is no way different than others. With the environmental science jobs expected to grow at very rapid rate and need for clean tech is gaining momentum at great pace solar energy the clean renewable energy has become a norm in clean technology.
To start with if you are a Solar PV Professional it is right time to consider NABCEP certification.
So, why should you consider taking NANCEP certification? What unique advantages does this offer?
1) This provides set of national standrds by which PV professionals with needed skills, experience, expertise can project themselves class apart
2) Certification makes you stand unique in competetion
3) If you are certified it gives confidence among general public
4) If you are certified you are naturally more skilled. This offersmuch protection to customers choosing to employ PV professionals in solar PV projects
5) NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification has been developed in accordance with the best practices of the certification field
6) NABCEP is a member of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (I.C.E.) and has endeavored to follow the requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024: General Requirements for Bodies Operating Certification Systems of Persons
7) NABCEP Solar PV Installation Professional Certification is North America’s only renewable energy personnel certification that has been ANSI accredited to the internationally recognized ISO/IEC 17024 standard
Who are the target audience that can think about NABCEP certification?
Anyone involved in solar PV projects can seriously think about this. This includes but not limited to:
1) Solar PV installers
2) PV project managers
3) PV foreman/supervisor
4) PV designers
For more details visit http://www.nabcep.org/
What is requirement to avail NABCEP certification?
We have spoken about unique features of NABCEP certification. Now lets take a look at what does it take to appear for NABCEP certification exam?
1) Candidates for the Solar PV Installation Professional Certification must have experience in the field acting as one of the following – the person responsible for installing PV systems, a minimum of 58 hours of advanced PV training and an OSHA 10 hour construction industry card or equivalent
2) Candidates must pay for and complete an application by the exam deadline
3) Specific requirements for each candidate vary by category according to experience in the PV field and their background
4) Refer the certification handbook and choose category before applying. For any category chosen all the certification requirements must be met
5) Solar PV Installation Professional exam candidates must meet all training and installation requirements that are outlined in the following section of handbook