Full-Time Security Cloud Support Engineer
Security Cloud Support Engineer (Designed for 3+ years of experience) – Position located in Dallas TX, Herndon VA, Seattle WA
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities. You will be surrounded by people that who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. AWS Cloud Support provides technical support to a global list of customers that are building mission-critical applications on top of AWS services.
Overview The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, database design and optimization, big data analysis, network administration, and dev ops.
The security role supports our services that focus on security technologies including Identity Access Management (IAM), Cloudwatch, KMS, Cloud Trail, CloudHSM, and Inspector etc. A solid security provides the foundation for all Cloud services. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about working with network security products. Since we’re working in the Cloud, you will need to be very comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your duties.
Why AWS Support?
Flexible schedule: Salaried role with flexible start time between 7-10am.
Follow-the-sun model with support sites located globally: No after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
Travel the world: Strong support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
Career development within AWS Support: We promote advancement opportunities including senior support engineer, SME, Team Lead, and Technical Account Manager.
Variety: Support engineers not only work a broad spectrum of technical issues but may also coach/mentor new hires, develop and present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement or strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in technical positions
- Interest in information security and a desire to learn techniques and technologies such as application security, cryptography, threat modeling, penetration testing, etc.
- Strong Linux or Windows system administrator skills
- Network Essentials – understanding of the various layers, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.
- Experience with threat modeling, especially for web application and web APIs
- Web security and compliance experience (e.g., Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention and PCI, HIPAA, FIPS, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service experience/Strong customer focus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter who is excited about technology
- Cloud hosting experience (AWS).
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts – virtualization, networking, storage, etc.
- Experience with AWS
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
- Expertise with iperf, MTR, traceroute, dig, packet capture tools
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, (CloudTrail, AWS Config, etc), cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Identity and Access concepts and technologies to secure production and corporate access, such as: SSO, SAML Federated Identity, RBAC, authentication & authorization solution etc.
- Logging, monitoring and response concepts and technologies for cloud networks, corporate networks and hosts in all environments.
- One or more security-related certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, CISA, CISM, SECURITY+, OSCP, etc.
- Experience with broad array of security technologies, such as NGFW, WAF, SIEM, endpoint security and more
- Luna SA certified Engineer
- Experience working with Hardware Security Models
What if I’m not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
That’s okay. That’s our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this role, please send me (Jonathan Miller) an email and your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. I can also be reached at 469-587-6585.
916 total views, 1 today