Full-Time Netowrking Cloud Support Engineer
Networking Cloud Support Engineer (Designed for 3+ years of experience) – Position located in Dallas TX, Herndon VA, Seattle WA
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, database design and optimization, big data analysis, network administration, and dev ops. The networking role supports our services that focus on networking technologies including Route 53, Elastic Load Balancing, VPC. A solid network provides the foundation for all Cloud services. Support engineers may field general guidance questions from customers such as setting up a small website using EC2 up to troubleshooting and reproducing complex performance issues from customers with fleets of thousands of EC2 instances. The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, troubleshooting complex issues, working with customers, and have a strong technical background in networking technologies including VPN, IPSec, BGP, MPLS, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, and Load Balancing. Do you have experience as a Network Administrator or Engineer working with networking hardware and software and understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. If you’re experienced in Network system administration and you are more comfortable “getting your hands dirty” than using a search engine for solutions, then we’re looking for you!
Why AWS Support?
- Flexible schedule: Salaried role with flexible start time between 7-11am.
- Follow-the-sun model with support sites in 6 locations globally: No after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
- Travel the world: Strong support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
- Career development within AWS Support: We promote advancement opportunities including senior support engineer, tier 2.5 / SME, team lead, and technical account manager – 5 support engineers have been promoted to manager within the last 2 years in Seattle alone.
- Variety: Support engineers not only work a broad spectrum of technical issues but may also coach/mentor new hires, develop and present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement or strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical position
Demonstrated proficiency in these areas:
- Systems administration in Linux/Unix or Windows
- Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – customers contact us via calls, chats, and email
- Strong customer focus
- Comfortable in an ambiguous, ever changing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in network administration (DNS, BGP, Load Balancing)
- Experience configuring software-based IPSEC- and SSL-based VPN solutions, such as openswan, openvpn, vyatta, ipsec-tools/racoon, quagga, Windows2008R2, and PfSense
- Experience configuring and supporting IPSEC-based VPNs and IPSEC-capable devices such as Cisco ASA, Cisco ISR, Juniper JUNOS, Juniper ScreenOS, Yamaha, Fortinet, Sonicwall, Checkpoint and Palo Alto
- Understanding of hardware or software Load Balancers in a large data center environment
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Strong customer focus and ownership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What if I’m not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
That’s okay. That’s our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this role, please send me (Jonathan Miller) an email and your updated resume to email@example.com. I can also be reached at 469-587-6585.
390 total views, 1 today