Full-Time Java Developer
Calling all C++/JAVA Distributed Developers. Amazon AWS/EBS is hiring.
Are you someone who enjoys working on core distributed systems and deal with problems of consensus, consistency, durability and availability? Are you interested in building a massive scale distributed system that runs on several thousands of nodes and can be resilient in different situations like infrastructure failures, network partitions, etc? We are looking for strong engineers to help us design & build a highly distributed and federated data store to serve the needs of the largest block storage service in the world – AWS Elastic Block Store (EBS). EBS delivers high performance virtualized storage “in the cloud” for EC2 and Amazon Web Services.
If you have ever pondered about CAP theorem or Paxos Algorithm, this is a great opportunity to get your hands dirty and help build a real-world solution implementing these concepts. An ideal candidate would possess solid analytical, design and problem solving skills. Expertise with high-performance systems design is a plus. Your responsibilities will include
· Design, develop and operate scalable systems end-to-end.
· Work with team members on day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code reviews and implementation
· Mentor other engineers
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years of relevant work experience
· Knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, or Java
· Strong system design and architecture skills.
· Experience mentoring engineers.
· Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
· Experience building storage and large scale distributed systems
· Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
592 total views, 1 today