Full-Time DevOps Support Engineer
DevOps/Deployment Support Engineer (Designed for 3+ years of experience) – Position located in Dallas TX, Herndon VA, Seattle WA
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented engineers, well versed in DevOps technologies, automation, infrastructure orchestration, configuration management and continuous integration, who are not constrained by how “things are usually done”. As a member of the AWS Premium Support Team you will be at the forefront of Cloud technology, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a typical day, a cloud support engineer might thoughtfully work with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way or a deployment is failing, consult with a diverse range of engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Premium Support engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop and present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice into the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
As we operate on follow-the-sun model, with support sites in 6 locations globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
A suitable candidate would be someone who is extremely customer focused, who could multi-task and utilize both written & verbal communication skills to help our diverse range of customers resolve their technical issues.
- 5 Years’ experience within a relevant technical position
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science / Engineering or a related field
- Demonstration knowledge of:
- Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange etc.)
- One or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Glassfish, JBoss, Puma, Passenger, IIS)
- One or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible etc.)
- One or more scripting language (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python, ebextensions)
- Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- One or more version control platform (e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC)
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Knowledge of AWS and Cloud Computing concepts (preferred experience with AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Cloud Formation or AWS OpsWorks)
- Exposure to Virtualization (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen)
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this role, please send me (Jonathan Miller) an email and your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. I can also be reached at 469-587-6585.
284 total views, 2 today