Healthcare domains has been limited to patient’s health in the past. Ever since data became digital healthcare domain has become inseparable with related domains including environment wherein we live, engineering that drives our daily life etc. As a result of this healthcare IT data is often used for analysis and determining the future possibility of diseases in an area
Lets take simple example of a factory site. When we do mining of patient information and determine sample of patients affected by diseases, it becomes necessary to associate this data with environment that live in. This is not limited to air, water, soil pollution in that are and looking to see if pollution control can impact future lives in that environment. This needs knowledge of biology, healthcare , information technology and bioinformatics can be extended in such application areas
Demand for alternative energy is growing daily and solar is the preferred form of alternative energy. With mass production of photo voltaic solar cells from china the price of solar panels is showing substantial decrease as time progresses. In addition to the affordable solar panel cost, government offers grants and tax breaks for installing solar panels that help with solar energy generation at homes.
As such demand for solar energy professionals in different capacities is on constant demand. Some interesting career in solar looks like solar panel PV installer, Solar heating installer, solar technician, solar electrician, solar water heating installer to name a few. With growing demand for jobs in this relatively new niche the need for professional certification from accredited institutions has become essentially important. As such Solar professionals looking for certification credential can aim at achieving NABCEP certification the world’s renowned solar energy certification credential.
NABCEP offers certification that lets the certified professionals practice with this title offering the following benefits:
1) The exam certification standards are set by NABCEP. Once a professional is certified he naturally meets the standards
2) NABCEP certified professionals must possess essential skills and experience to distinguish themselves from their competition
3) Certified practitioners demonstrate their competency and gives confidence among public who choose to install solar panels at home. This doesn’t mean that professionals who are not certified can’t take up this job. The credentials demonstrates credible competency of professionals
Lets take a look at different certification programs offered by NABCEP and who can benefit from each of them
1) Solar PV Installation Professional Certification – Professionals who currently hold job roles as installers, project managers, foreman, supervisors, designers can choose to pursue this certification
2) Solar Heating Installer Certification – Personnel responsible for system installation like foreman, contractor, supervisor, journeyman can go for this credential
3) Solar PV Technical Sales Certification – Candidates who are in job profiles like sales person, application engineer, financial analyst, performance analyst, site assessor can choose to pursue Solar PV technical sales professional certification. Candidates who are certified get competitive advantage as this is a demonstration of their skills and expertise in solar PV technical sales.
North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners NABCEP as it is popularly called offers the best industry standard certification that helps professionals in solar photovoltaic field showcase their talent to the world.
Following are the certification tracks offered by NABCEP
1) Solar PV Installers – Solar photovoltaic installers perform solar panel installation
2) Solar Heating Installers – Solar heating panel installers perform installation for heating pools
3) Small Wind Installers – Install small wind turbines
4) Solar PV Technical Sales – Sales professional who are certified consultants get leverage with this certification
Any organization needs an environmental management system. We interact with environment and every organization holds social responsibility to make sure the environment is secured throughout the lifecycle of the organization
An environmental management system, EMS as it is popularly called works in an organized framework. EMS essentially involves
1) Proper planning analyzing the nature of business, its interaction with environment, the way the business operation can impact an environment
2) Organizing the information collected including artifacts, operations in business that impact environment and come up with plan to mitigate risks posed by business to environment if any. Most common businesses that cause pollution like industries, oil and gas exploration plants etc need to have best organization of EMS
3) Execution of environmental management plan
4) Monitor and control the tasks periodically
As such a person responsible for EMS of an organization is the environmental manager. This person is expected to have fantastic people management skills, communication skills, stakeholder management as he needs to interact with many people throughout the project lifecycle