What is relationship between rapid clone and autoconfig?
Cloning a critical task that an Oracle applications DBA performs on a regular basis, is the process of creating replicas of source instance.
It is a need to create replica of production instance along with data for the testing team to test some modifications before the changes become live.
In such cases cloning is the process used to create replica of production instance.
Autoconfig had been used in earlier releases of 11i to perform cloning.
Rapid clone is an automated cloning technique which uses Autoconfig internally to perform cloning.
Give details on FNDCPASS, FND Functionality is a functionality in Oracle 11i and R12 :-
FND functionality is use to change the passwords of application user, product schema password, APPS password.
The executable used for performing this task is FNDCPASS.
Directory Location : $FND_TOP/bin
Usage of FNDCPASS and options available can be obtained by typing FNDCPASS in command prompt.
Report Review Agent — FNDFS is a text viewer used by Oracle applications for viewing the log and output files of Concurrent Manager requests.FNDFS executable uses the Report Review Agent Listener in the 8.0.6 Oracle Home installed on the application tier.
The report review agent uses two major configuration files :
Location of these files — $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin
FNDFS listener is automatically configured by the system.When a user makes a request to view a report, FNDFS program is launched.FNDFS connectivity can be configured by configuring the tnsnames.ora file.
Location of tnsnames.ora file — $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora
An alias is created for FNDFS_nodename.The tnsnames.ora file defines connections to the FNDFS listener adn it contains the address list of all the services that we can connect to from the client.
What are different oracle applications database objects?
Different kinds of objects can be stored in the oracle applications database (oracle e-business suite R12). It can be :
1) Materialized view objects – These are hybrid objects. They are used to store and process data
2) Database objects – These objects store data. It includes tables, index, sequence, IOT (Index-organized tables)
3) Code objects – These are program codes. It includes PL/SQL objects such as PL/SQL package, java-stored procedure, synonym, triggers
What is significance of opmn process manager notification server?
Oracle Process Manager And Notification Server (OPMN) is a new feature added in Oracle Applications R12 (release 12) tech stack.OPMN has the primary function of managing oracle application server 10g components including Oracle HTTP Server, OC4J (Oracle For Java) etc..
OPMN is composed mainly of the following three components :
1) Oracle Process Manager
2) Oracle Notification Server
3) Process Manager(PM) Modules
The script to manage OPMN is – adopmnctl.sh
Parameters that can be used with this script – start, stop, status
This script creates the logfile – adopmnctl.txt
Location of logfile – central location of all the logs
Logfile is created when we supply parameters start, stop, status with the adopmnctl.sh script
How to start apps middletier?
Whenever we want to start Oracle middle tier the first step is to start the listener. We can make use of Oracle supplied scripts to start the middle tier listener.. The script adalnctl.sh can be used to start/stop listener to manage the middle tier.The name of middle tier listener is of format APPS_
adalnctl.sh can be used with 3 parameters – start, stop, status
Give details on Oracle application territory support :-
Territory selected sets the defaults for day and week numbering (In USA Sunday is day 1, In Germany and many european countries Monday is Day 1)
It sets defaults for credit and debit symbols, date format, decimal and group numeric seperators, currency symbols
This has profound effect on the way in which application software behaves
How to create schema independent users in oracle OID?
Shared Schemas / Schema Independent Users are the users that are registered and maintaned in a LDAP repository.
LDAP – Lightweight directory access protocol – is the standard that is used by Oracle to implement directory service likInternet Directory(also called as Oracle Internet Directory(OID)).
There is one common schema.Users are saved in directory service.OID has details on user roles assigned at the time of login.Centralized user mangement is achieved using OID.
Give details on oracle e-business proxy authentication:-
Oracle e-business suite and several applications make use of tiered architecture.Database layer is the backend wherein data is stored.Middle-tier is the application tier which is usually made of Web Servers.
When a user tries to access the database data connection has to pass through the application layer/middle tier.
Proxy authorization comes into picture .
SQL>alter user user-name
grant connect through application-user authenticated using password;
The statement mentioned above demands password.For a user to be authenticated at the middle tier use:
SQL>alter user username grant connect through application-user;
What are credit or debit memos?
Credit or debit memos are used to record the credit for goods/services purchased. They are netted with invoices at payment time.
What is use of Oracle management service in middle tier?
The Oracle Management Service(OMS) is the middle tier. Before we can start using the grid control interface, we must firsmake sure that the middle tier OMS is running.At the end of the Grid Control software installation, the OMS should be automatically started by the installer.We can use the following command to check whether the OMS is running:
$ emctl status oms
If server is up we get the message as “Oracle Management Server is up”
If the OMS isn’t running start it up this way:
$ emctl start oms
The server starts with the message “Oracle Management Server is Up”
Give details on oracle coherence datagrid solution:
Oracle coherence 3.6 is the in-memory datagrid solution that has become a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g. Oracle coherence 3.6 is used to address scaling challenges that are common in complex, mission-critical applications in a cost-effective fashion.
1) Oracle coherence provides support for distributed transactions
2) Oracle coherence quorum helps in capacity management, resource management in the grid and cloud frameworks
3) Security is enhanced through the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connectivity
4) Coherence SQL language CohQL is used to improve efficiency and productivity in development
How to create JMS Resources Create JMS Queue in Oracle SOA?
We can create a JMS resource by using a Weblogic Server console.We create resources in the following order :
JMS queue and connection factory -> connection pool for that connection factory
Follow the steps for creating JMS resources :
1) Ensure that Weblogic server is started. If the Weblogic Server is not opened, open http://localhost:7001/console to start the WEblogic Server Console(WSLS Console). Login using weblogic/welcome1.
Note : Hostname, ports, username, password can be supplied according to your configuration.
2) In the Weblogic Server Console, on the left navigation bar, expand Services/Messaging. Click on JMS Modules
3) A new table popsup. The table is the summary of resources. This table is titled “Customize this table”. On this Summary of resources table, click on New tab.
4) Select the resource type : Queue. Click Next
5) Enter the Name as “ABCDYourValueQueue” and JNDI name as jms/ABCDYourValueQueue, Template : None
6) Click on Next
7) From the subdeployment list, select the SOASubDeployment
8) Under Targets section, from the JMS Servers list, select SOAJMSServer
9) Click on Finish tab.
Give details on Oracle bounda amount types financials:-
The combinations of amount types and boundaries that the system supports are as follows:
If the amount type is PTD, boundary can be Period.
If the amount type is QTD, boundary can be Period or Quarter.
If the amount type is YTD, boundary can be Period, Quarter or Year.
If the amount type is PJTD, boundary can be Period, Quarter, Year, or Project.
Oracle fusion middleware configuration wizard:-
I wanted to install and configure oracle fusion middleware 11g in my laptop. I’ve windows 7 installed in it. I started with downloading and installing Oracle database 10g Express Edition. Next I downloaded the repository creation utility and installed the sample schemas. I installed Oracle Weblogic Server and created middleware home at C:OracleMiddleware. Within the Middleware home Oracle weblogic server is installed. Now weblogic server home usually referred to as WL_HOME is inside the Oracle Fusion Middleware home C:OracleMiddleware. I have my weblogic server binary wlserver_10.3 installed in C:OracleMiddlewarewlserver_10.3. I invoked Quick Start From Start->All Programs->Oracle Weblogic and I’ve included the middleware configuration wizard step by step screenshot. We start with creating a simple domain, creating an administration server, starting domain in development mode, finally deploying application. Finally we start the weblogic server and access the GUI at http://localhost:7001/
Concurrent Requests programs managers oracle applications:-
Oracle applications – Concurrent Requests, Concurrent Programs, Concurrent Processes, Concurrent Managers will be discussed here.Concurrent manager is an important term that an Oracle Applications DBA encounters frequently.Managing and maintaining concurrent manager is an essential role/function of a DBA.
What is concurrent processing?
Concurrent processing is the process of executing programs in background simultaneously with the online operations (i.e executing foregroun abd background operations simultaneously. In LINUX/UNIX, we can get list of foreground operations using the command fg, background operations using the command bg).
Concurrent processing facility is available in Oracle applications.Most of the background operations are report generation programs.A person with the system administrator responsibility has the privilege to control the number of OS processes associated with running a program.
What is a concurrent request?
When a program is scheduled to be run as a background job, the program to generate the report/program to be run is the concurrent request.Lets say a shell script report.sh is to be run
shell# ./report.sh – concurrent request – this invokes process and can be looked at by issuing :
shell#ps -ef|grep report.sh – This outputs a process lisitng. It is concurrent request.
What is a concurrent program?
The script report.sh is the concurrent program.
What is a concurrent manager?
To start a concurrent program we need a concurrent manager. whenever there is a request to start a concurrent program, the request is inserted into a database table. The request is uniquely identified by a request ID. These requests from tables are read by the concurrent manager. Concurrent managers definition has information on how many operating system (OS)processes are to be dedicated to run the concurrent requests. These processes are referred to as target processes
Give details on Printing events sequence in oracle applications
Oracle applications has two broad categories of printing solution. Pasta utility allows us to define own printer drivers and print styles. The format UTF-8 is supported by pasta utility.
Here is the sequence of printing events that happen in Oracle applications
1) User makes use of RunReports form to submit a request to run a report
2) REquests table adds an entry to run reports
3) The concurrent manager reads the request from requests table
4) Oracle reports is called by concurrent manager and SRW(SQL* Report Writer) drivername is passed. This is used by printer. Print style information is also passed by concurrent manager
5) Oracle reports runs the report
Oracle Applications R12 Sequence Of Printing Events:
Oracle applications is used to manage the printer.When a request to print is submitted to the printer managed by oracle applications the following sequence of events happens.
1) User submits a request to run a report from Run Reports form.
2) A request to run the reports is added to the requests table.
3) Concurrent manager reads the request.
4) Concurrent manager calls the Oracle report to run the report,passes SRW(SQL*Report Writer) driver name.
5) If Report Copies = 0 and printer field is blank printer style’s SRW driver is used.
6) If Report Copies>0 printer is required.Printer drivers SRW is used.
7) Concurrent Manager passes print style information rows and columns to Oracle reports.
8) Report is created using Oracle reports
9) Concurrent Manager attaches printer driver information to the file.Initialization string is appended,reset string is appended.
10) Concurrent manager issues OS print command with arguments destination printer,filename including path,number of copies to print and filenamefor the title on the banner page.
Where are log files for Oracle Identity Manager located?
Oracle Identity Manager (OID) Log File Locations have been discussed here.
1) Installation logs – Global oraInventory/logs/oraInstallYYYY-MM-DD_HH-MM-SSPM.out
2) OID/Idm Configuration Logs – $ORACLE_HOME/cfgtoollogs/cfgfw/CfmLogger_YYYY-MM-DD_HH-MM-SSPM.log
3) Oracle Internet Directory logs – $ORACLE_INSTANCE/diagnostics/logs/OID//oid*.log
4) OID Monitor Logs – $ORACLE_INSTANCE/diagnostics/logs/OID//oidmon-XXXX.log
5) OPMN (Oracle Process Monitor) logs – $ORACLE_INSTANCE/diagnostics/logs/OPMN/opmn/
Installation and Post-Installation Steps of oracle applications :
Oracle Application System – Installation and Post-Installation Steps are the various steps/activities needed to operate the applications features appropriately.
Some of the important steps carried out in Oracle Applications Setup are as follows1) Run Rapid Install. Rapid install is a tool from Oracle Corporation. IT is used in installation of Oracle Applications.
2) Test Web listener virtual directories
3) Test Oracle HTTP (OHTTP) Server configuration. Oracle HTTP Server is powerd by Apache Webserver. Oracle HTTP Server provides communication services within the Oracle Application Server. HTML-based applications can be deployed with the help of Oracle HTTP Server.
4) Create DBC Files
5) Test Java Servlet setup
6) Set web server profile options
Oracle E-Business Suite Supported On Oracle RAC(Real Application Cluster):
Oracle E-Business Suite is Supported On Oracle RAC(Real Application Cluster). For this support follow the steps mentioned below :
1) Install the correct version Oracle Clusterware, Oracle clusterware is a clustering solution from Oracle Corporation. It is used to support Oracle RAC databases.
2) Install correct version database software.
Note that certain database versions are supported only on specified clusterware version. Care must be ecised while choosing the version compatability.
3) Create database instances – It can be normal instance or an ASM (Automatic Storage Manager) Instance
If the current database is supported by single instance version, it is possible to migrate to RAC(Real Application Cluster). Follow the steps to convert single instance database to RAC.
1) Modify the sample xml file – ConvertToRAC.xml to meet the requirements of our system
2) Run the Oracle supplied utility rconfig against the sample xml file – ConvertToRAC.xml which has been customized
3) rconfig Must be run in Verify Only mode. This test run will validate the parameter settings. It reports issues that needs to be resolved before performing actual conversion.
Oracle AD Utilities (Applications DBA Utilities):
Oracle AD Utilities also called application dba ad utilities are set of Oracle supplied utilities that are used to administer Oracle Applications.A brief listing of utilities and their usage is given below:
adadmin – Performs maintenance tasks for Oracle Applications.
adchkdig – Checks the integrity of Oracle Applications patches downloaded from OracleMetaLink.
adutconf.sql – Reports standard information about the installed configuration of Oracle Applications.
adctrl – Manages parallel workers in AD Administration and AutoPatch.
adident – Reports the version and translation level of an Oracle
adncnv – Converts a file from one character set to another.
admrgpch – Merges multiple patches into a single merged patch.
adrelink.sh – Relinks Oracle Applications executable programs with
the Oracle server product libraries.
adsplice – Adds off-cycle products.
adtimrpt.sql – Reports a summary of the timing for jobs run by parallel workers.
adpatch – Applies patches and other system updates.
admsi.pl – Generates customized installation instructions for a patch.
rapidwiz – Provides a wizard for entering parameters that are specific to a new installation or an upgrade of an Oracle Applications system
How to fix Oracle 11i installation error RW-50010: Error: script has returned an error:126?
RW-50010: Error: – script has returned an error:126, Oracle 11i (126.96.36.199) Installation Error is the most common error encountered while installing Oracle 11i (188.8.131.52) in Linux Servers.
For installing Oracle applications (11i), we use rapidwiz utility.This error occurs due to possible permission violation problems.
Some solutions include :
1) Change the permissions for the files adrunias.sh, adrunat.sh to 755. As it is a Linux server use command chmod
# chmod -R 755 adrunias.sh
# chmod -R 755 adrunat.sh
2) Restart the rapidwiz
Give details on Oracle Single Signon schema password :-
Finding orasso (Oracle Single Signon) Schema Password has been explained in this post.
orasso password is randomly generated and stored in OID (Oracle Internet Directory). OID (Oracle Internet Directory) is a LDAP (Lightweight directory access protocol) compliant server from Oracle Corporation. OID is a part of identity Management stack from fusion Middleware.orasso password can be found by executing the following commands.
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/ldapsearch -h $OIDHOST -p $OIDPORT -D “cn=orcladmin” -w “$OrcladminPASSWORD” -b “cn=IAS Infrastructure Databases,cn=IAS,cn=Products,cn=OracleContext” -s sub “orclResourceName=$DBUSERNAME” orclpasswordattribute
How will you install using Fusion Middleware using Configuration Wizard?
Started with downloading and installing Oracle database
Next download the repository creation utility and installed the sample schemas
Install Oracle Weblogic Server and create middleware home at C:\Oracle\Middleware in case of windows
Within the Middleware home Oracle weblogic server is installed. Now weblogic server home usually referred to as WL_HOME is inside the Oracle Fusion Middleware home C:\Oracle\Middleware. Weblogic server binary wlserver_xx.x is installed in C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_xx.x
Invoke Quick Start From Start->All Programs->Oracle Weblogic and include the middleware configuration wizard We start with creating a simple domain, creating an administration server, starting domain in development mode, finally deploying application
Finally we start the weblogic server and access the GUI at http://localhost:7001/
What is FOSS from Oracle?
FOSS Free And Opensource Projects is a collection of many different open source projects from oracle corporation. It includes a wide range of open source projects starting from Oracle Linux, Oracle unbreakable Linux, Oracle VM, Eclipse Projects, Oracle and PHP, Oracle Berkeley DB, Oracle ROR (Ruby On Rails), Oracle+Python,XQilla XQuery Engine,Oracle JDeveloper, Oracle And Project Glass fish (Glass fish is a web server from Sun Microsystems), Oracle Database 10g Express Edition (Same as SQL Server 2008 Express Edition)
FOSS From Oracle
What is Oracle browser look and feel guidelines BLAF?
Oracle BLAF (Browser Look And Feel) Guidelines is the user interface guidelines website for BLAF applications. BLAF guidelines are set of specifications regarding the UI components, templates, flows, heuristics.
As per Oracle Corporation “These specifications should be used to develop html-based Oracle products to provide a consistent user experience regarding look and feel of applications, flow of applications, layout of pages, and interaction of components. Using the guidelines to design your application will also ensure a consistent suite of applications and tight product intergration.”
The specifications are arranged in levels or layers, the outer most layer being high level interaction model, to the inner most level of a specific component
How will you generate customer Specific file manifest in oracle applications?
Follow the steps to generate customer-specific file manifest in Oracle applications
1) Log into system as APPLMGR user
2) Execute the following command to generate the customer specific file manifest :
3) Above command produces adgenpsf.txt file. This is the customer-specific manifest file
Usage of customer specific manifest file
1) Used in platform migration of oracle applications
2) Very much needed during split tier architecture migrations in which applications tier and database tier reside on different platform
Give details on Oracle Applications Tablespace Model (OATM) :-
Migration is done using a PERL script.There are several steps in the process of migration using OATM.There are three major phases during which several steps are performed
1) Preparatory Phase
1.1Report on tablespace sizing
1.2Create new tablespaces
1.3Generate migration commands
2) Migration Phase
2.2Run Migration reports
3)Post Migration Phase
3.1Run post migration steps
1)Run customization steps
2)Batch mode execution of migration
Give details on Oracle Fusion Middleware Overview :-
Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g has been out on July 1st, 2009.Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g is composed of the following main components
1) Oracle Weblogic Server (J2EE Application Server)
2) Oracle Webcenter (Composer, WC Framework, WC Services, WC Spaces)
3) Oracle SOA(Service Oriented Atchitecture) Suite (Composed of adapters, service bus, business rules, B2B,BPEL (Business Process And Extraction Language, BAM (Business Activity Monitoring)
4) Oracle Identity Management (OID,DIP,federation,OVD,role manager,oaam,entitlements, directory services manager)
5) Oracle Business Intelligence(BI) (Discoverer,Portal,Reports,Forms)
6) Oracle Application Component ( DEV tools, HTTP Server, Web cache, Web Services, DAS)
7) Oracle Metadata repository
Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g can be downloaed from the link given below :
Oracle Fusion Middleware Software Download Page :
Oracle has made it possible to download and install all the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11gR1 popularly called as FMW products from its single download page. This page acts as a hub and it is possible to download all the components relevant to FMW suite of products. Some popular products include Oracle weblogic server, Repository creation utility, Oracle SOA to name a few.
Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Repository Creation Utility (RCU) :
Installation of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g using Repository Creation Utility (rcu) is a 7 step process.
1) Download repository creation utility (rcu)
2) Extract rcuHome from this archive
3) Navigate to rcuHomeBinrcu.bat. Click on rcu.bat
4) Welcome screen of repository creation utility (rcu) pops up. Click Next
5) First step is the “Create Repository”. There are two options in this screen :
Create – Which allows us to create and load component schemas into database
Drop – Removes component schemas from database. It is useful while installing Oracle SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) suite of products. For now click Create. Click Next
6) Database Connection Details screen appears. It is composed of the following fields:
Database type – Specify if it is an Oracle database or a Microsoft SQL Server
Hostname – Specify the hostname where database is created. In case of RAC environment specify the VIP name or one of the hostnames in which RAC instance runs
Port – Specify the port used for connectivity. Default portnumber of Oracle database is 1521
Service name – Specify the service name
Also specify connectivity username (user like SYS who has SYS or SYSDBA privilege should be specified). Specify a valid password. Specify the role of the user. Possible values are Normal and SYSDBA. Some components need SYSDBA prvilege. So, specify the SYSDBA role.Specify the values and click Next.
Oracle Access Manager Fusion Middleware 11g :
Oracle Access Manager is the single-sign on solution from Oracle corporation. Its sophisticated identity management and access control features which are state-of-art features make it the best choice from Oracle Fusion middleware 11g. Oracle Access Manager 10.1.4.3.0 is the single-sign on solution that comes as a part of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g.
Until Fusion Middleware 10g Oracle Single Sign-on (OSSO) used to be the single-sign on solution. It is no longer recommended in Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g. Though OSSO is still supported in FMW 11g, it will not be ported to Weblogic Application Server.
Weblogic is the application server in OFM 11g and hence OSSO is not recommended.
Oracle FMW RCU Components Installation:
While we try creating a repository using repository creation following list of components gets installed automatically as a part of this installation process.
1) Metadata Services
2) Audit Services
3) Enterprise Scheduler Service
4) Oracle Internet Directory (OID)
5) Oracle Identity Federation
6) Oracle Information Rights Management
7) Oracle Content Server 11g-Complete
8) Oracle Content Server 11g – Search Only
9) Oracle Universal Records Management 11g
10) Oracle Imaging And Process Management
11) Master and work repository
12) Portlet producers
13) Oracle content server 10g
15) Wiki and Blogs
18) Oracle Access Manager (OAM)
19) Oracle Adaptive Access Manager (OAAAM)
20) OAAM Partition Support
21) Authorization policy manager
22) Business Intelligence platform
23) User messaging service
24) Webcenter spaces
25) Discussions crawler
27) SOA Infrastructure
28) Business Activity Monitoring – BAM
29) Oracle Identity Manager
31) SIP infrastructure subscriber data service
32) SIP infrastructure location service
Oracle FMW Repository Creation Tablespaces :
While creating teh repository using repository creation utility, rcu binary a number of tablespaces, schemas, schema owners gets created automatically. Here is a sample overview of the default tablespaces that gets created during this installation. Tablespaces are created in the corresponding repository database. It is the database chosen while starting install. It can be Oracle Database Express 10g Edition and later versions. In my case I make use of Oracle database 11g Release 2(Latest Oracle database version).This is the progress bar that checks the prerequisites for creating tablespaces and creates teh tablespaces in the repository database. On an average it took 6 minutes for creating all the tablespaces in the repository database.
SOA – Service Oriented Architecture – An architectural approach for integrating business processes. This architecture is business centric. Application processes are designed in form of services and provides a means of integrating loosly coupled services. Oracle Fusion applications are based on SOA.
BPEL – (Business Process Execution Language) – A language used to orchestrate and streamline business processes. It is a part of Oracle Fusion Middleware suite of products
SOA – Simple Object Access Protocol – A protocol used for communication among the web services. SOAP is a part of the Oracle Fusion middleware suite of products. It is XML Based.
XML – Exentisble Markup Language – An language used to share information between applications
AIA – Application Integration Architecture – An methodology and a product from ORacle corporation used to integrate business processes.
WSDL – Web Service Definition Language – A language used for communicating what each web service can do. This is used to define what a web service can do and what a web service needs to do it
PIP – Process Integration Pack – It is an industry-specific best practice flow that have been packaged by Oracle . It is built on an AIA framework
What is SOA(Service Oriented Architecture)?
SOA, a term popular among the software community these days is actually neither a technology nor a product.Just as the TCP/IP protocol laid foundation for networking, SOA is a design approach or a design methodology upon which applications are designed.Different functionalities/processes of an application are viewed and implemented as atomic entities called as services. This make them inependent of each other and is easy to reuse them.Different services are integrated and orchestrated using BPEL(Business Process Execution Language). This is the basic concept behing SOA.SOA can be best implemented using many object-oriented technologies including J2EE, .NET, PL/SQL.SOA is the architecture approach used for Oracle fusion middleware.
Oracle SOA Suite Components:
Oracle SOA(Service Oriented Architecture) is a multi-tier architecture.It encompasses application functionality into services.Services are grouped to form Web Services.Oracle HTTP is the standard protocol to utilize the web services.It is also based on open standard AML protocols like SOAP,WSDL.Oracle SOA Suite consist of the following components :
1) BPEL – Business Process Execution Language
2) ESB – Enterprise Service Bus
3) OWSM – Oracle Web Services Manager
4) BAM – Business Activity Monitoring
BPEL (Business Process Execution Language) :
The Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) is an XML-based language for enabling task-sharing across multiple enterprises using a combination of Web services.
BPEL is based on the XML schema, Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), and Web Services Description Language (WSDL).
Using BPEL, we can design a business process that integrates a series of discrete services into an end-to-end process flow.
Oracle BPEL Process Manager :
A component of Oracle Application Server.It includes the BPEL Server, the BPEL Console, the BPEL Worklist application for human-centric workflows, and the BPEL Designer.We can use the BPEL Designer, an Oracle JDeveloper-based design tool, to graphically create custom workflows for use in Oracle Content DB.Oracle BPEL Process Manager provides a framework to design, deploy, monitor, and administer processes based on BPEL standards.
We can define custom BPEL workflows in Oracle BPEL Process Manager, and then register them for use in Oracle Content DB.Custom workflows are only available to the default Site in Oracle Content
DB; additional Sites cannot use the custom workflows.
Oracle BPEL (Business Process Execution Language) Admin Console :
This is a part of Oracle Middleware Components (Oracle SOA Suite). Upon successful installation of Oracle SOA suite, BPEL admin console can be accessed at : http://hostname.domainname:port/BPELAdmin
BPEL admin console is implemented as a thin client and hence can be accessed via browser.