Texas the state known for its zero state tax offers licensing to practice physician assistant profession . Physician assistant license is offered by Texas Medical Board to qualified individuals.
As opposed to some other states in Texas licensed physician assistants must practice only under supervision of supervising physicians. Also physician assistants prescribing drugs must have delegation agreement with their respective supervising physicians
What is eligibility requirement to become physician assistant in texas?
Here is the eligibility requirement to become licensed physician assistant in Texas
1) Successful completion of an educational program for physician assistants or surgeon assistants accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, or by that committee’s predecessor or successor entities
2) Passage of Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE) within 6 attempts
3) The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants [NCCPA] Certification
4) Any health care licenses held not subject to any type of disciplinary action. This is to ensure the reliability and credibility
5) Good moral,ethical and professional character
6) Mentally and physically able to function safely as a Physician assistant. This makes sure they are not under influence of drugs etc
7) Passage of the jurisprudence (JP) exam
8) Have practiced at least 20 hours a week for 40 weeks in one of the two years preceding application
How and where do I apply for application?
This can be done online
Collecting all the supporting documents and submit it to the following address :
Delivery Physical Address and Phone
Texas Physician Assistant Board
333 Guadalupe, Tower III, Suite 700
Austin, TX 78701
Phone – (512) 305-7030
Texas Physician Assistant Board
P.O. Box 2029
Austin, TX 78768-2029
Application will be screened by pre-licensure, registration and consumer services department
You will receive confirmation email
Licensure Analyst will review your application and documents for content and acceptability
Once all items have been received, and have been reviewed and approved by the appropriate members of Board staff
NYc state offers licensure to get the title of registered physician assistant.
Eligibility requirements include:
1) Ethical and moral behaviour which is a basic human nature as well as essential for medical profeseionals
2) Must be atleast 21 years of age
3) Must pass Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination called as PANCE administered by National Commission on Certification of Physician assistants NCCPA. To know more on exam write to :
National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
12000 Findley Road
Duluth, GA 30097-1409
NCCPA website : www.nccpa.net
Call NCCPA : 6784178100
4) Must have passed high school or its equivalent
5) Must have completed atleast 32 hours of classroom work. This cna be from training programs accredited by ARC-PA
6) Must have completed 1600 hours (approximately 40 weeks) of supervised clinical training
7) Must complete approved coursework or training on professional’s practice in infection control and barrier precautions
How much fee do I need to pay to become registered physician assistant in NYC?
A fee of $115 that involves $70 Application Fee, $45 First Three-Year Registration Fee
Mode of Payment :
Mail personal check or money order to Newyork State Eduction department
Dont send cash
Where should I send the payment?
New York State Education Department,
Office of the Professions, PO Box 22063,
Albany, NY 12201.
Is the fee refundable?
If you choose to withdraw the application, partial refund is permitted. To know more contact RPA unit :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 518-474-3817 ext. 260
Fax : 518-402-2323
Physician assistant salary NYC:
A physician assistant is one who performs the healthcare services typically offered by a physician under the supervision of a physician. Services typically include conducting physicals, treating patients, counseling patients, prescribe medicines in some cases.As per Bureau of labour statistics NYC employes about 10000 professionals in this job category. Wage scale based on our analysis is as follows
||Salary (per annum)
|Median Salary [ Source bls]
BPO is gaining great popularity and AR callers as they are popularly called are account receivables callers
What does the AR calling actually mean?
It is important in medical billing. AR callers are involved in
1) Contacting medical insurance companies
2) They analyze the insurance claims that are yet to be paid
3) They check the claim status
4) They update claim status
5) Need to followup on insurance claim denials
6) Need to raise appeal with insurance companies on pending claims
7) Must possess exceptionally brilliant communication skills
Who can become AR callers?
Anyone having exceptionally brilliant communication skills with little knowledge of US healthcare can take up this job
These jobs are outsourced to BPO’s these days. In that case domain training will be offered by BPO companies
Accent improvement is an asset to grab these jobs real quick
Are you a physician assistant (or) aspiring to become one. Then it becomes essential to know about NCCPA. NCCPA is the only certifying orgnization for physician assistants in USA. Here are some interesting facts about NCCPA
1) This is a not-for-profit organization established in 1974
2) The level of credential assures public that the physician assistant is certified and meet standards of clinical knowledge and skills needed to practice this profession from start , until upto end of career
3) This is considered official certification by Us states, District of columbia, U.S territories
4) More than 100000 physician assistants have completed the certifications from NCCPA
What are teh certifications offered by NCCPA?
NCCPA offers certifications to candidates at different levels
1) Physician Assistant NAtional cErtifying Examination – Popularly called as PANCE can be taken upon completing physician assistant program accredited by ARC-PA.
1.1) This exam is a multiple choice exam
1.2) Assesses medical and surgical knowledge
1.3) Application and exam fee need to be paid before sitting for exam
1.4) Exam can be availed from over 200 testing sites
1.5) Upon passing PANCE, PA’s are issued NCCPA certification. They get PA-C designation
1.6) This certification expires approximately in two years
1.7) This should be maintained in six-year cycle divided into three two years
How do I maintain PA-C credential?
1) Every two years, log minimum 100 credits of CME
1.2) Submit certification maintenance fee to NCCPA by December 31 of expiration year
2) Physician Assistant National Recertifying Exam – Popularly called PANRE must be taken at end of sixth year.
2.1) PA-c designees must pass recertificaiton exam before taking this
2.2) Assess medical and surgical knowledge at advanced level
What will I do if I fail to maintain certificaiton credential?
This is a demanding track and maintain this at any cose. If not you may have to retake PANCE and PANRE and pass it again.There is a major change in 2014 and well discuss it