MongoDB the NoSQL database has been eveolving on a continuous basis. One of the latest and finest services from MongoDB team is the MMS the MongoDB Management Service
What is MMS?
As per MongoDB, MMS is a cloud based service. It is used for monitoring and backing up mongoDB deployments on a real time basis
To avail benefit of MMS, we need to run Agents in MongoDB deployments. These agents take care of interacting with MMS. If you are familiar with Oracle database it is similar to agents the small applications that we run in Oracle deploymens that communicate with Oracle Enterprise Cloud service
What is purpose (or) use of MMS in real-time?
MMS offers following benefits to MongoDB production deployments
1) Backup systems running mission critical data. This includes backup monitoring as well
2) Performance monitoring of system
3) Custom alerts can be configured alongside performance monitoring
4) The information obtained helps us gain valuable insights while debugging issues
5) Backup of deployment happens in cloud
Where do I access MMS?
It is MongoDB offered service. This can be accessed and setup at :